Sunday 1 August 2010

Operation August: The Goals List

So I blogged yesterday about how fed up I was of wasting my holidays (and, indeed, much of my life,) by doing nothing, and about how I'd set myself a list of goals to help ensure that my August was more rewarding for me, be it personally, socially or professionally. And here they are...some are things I've been meaning to get round to for a while, others are things that have occurred to me over the last few days but all are things I'm hopeful of achieving over the next 30 days. I've tried to organise them into categories as best as I can, some maybe a little vague so just bear with me!

Goals
Senses
  1. Buy no new DVDs this month...watch only those already in my collection (including Season 5 of House)
  2. Buy a new MP3 player and load it with music.
  3. Read at least 2 novels/collections of short stories (can be those I already own or new additions!)
  4. Try at least one new recipe this month and blog about it (complete with photos!)
  5. Watch the following films: Toy Story 3, Inception and The A Team

Social

  1. Organise an outing for me and my friends...possibly a picnic in the park (weather permitting!)
  2. Watch "The Blues Brothers" and "Stand by Me" at Spinningfields with friends.
  3. Reconnect with at least five old friends via Facebook
  4. Be in contact with every member of my circle of friends at some point this month (This may sound like an odd one, but as I have quite a large group of friends it's rare that we're all in the same place at the same time, and I don't always make the effort to be in touch with them outside those occasions.)

Professional

  1. Investigate job opportunities outside of teaching.
  2. Find out more about becoming an Avon representative.

Mind and Body

  1. Give myself a girly pamper day (do my hair and nails, use a face mask, have a long Lush bath etc)
  2. Do at least 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week
  3. Take a day out to be a tourist in a city of my choice
  4. Investigate evening classes or online courses (with the aim of taking at least one in September)
  5. Donate blood
  6. Sort out my room once and for all
  7. Clear out my wardrobes and drawers
  8. Blog every day throughout the month
  9. Book my driving practical test (I wasn't really sure where to put the last 4 items so I thought this section was as good as any!!)

And there we have it! Some of the goals may seem a little frivolous, but as I mentioned at the start, I'm aiming to do things that will fulfil me on a variety of levels, not just at the deepest one. And as one of my goals is to blog every day, I'll be documenting my progress throughout this project, with lots of details on what I've done, and I'll also be crossing off the goals on the list as I go, of course!! But rest assured, I'm not only going to be blogging about "Operation August", there'll be other things in the mix too. I'm planning on bringing back "What's in my Wardrobe Wednesday" with a bang, there'll be weekend updates and "Highs and Lows" posts and as I'm trying to grow my blog at the mo, I'm going to get involved with other bloggers' themed days too!

And that's all from day 1 of Operation August. Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 2, when I'm hopefully going to be blogging about something new (to me), that I think is an absolutely fabulous idea!! Till then...

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm here from Mingle Monday @ [Life of Meg] and I just wanted to say how inspiring this post was. What a good idea to give yourself goals or pointers for the month.... something I definitely am considering doing for my own life. Good luck and I hope you accomplish everything!

    Jayme @
    http://simple-sweetlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme: Thank you...I'm glad it was an inspiration!! Good luck with your goals too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete