Sunday 8 August 2010

Operation August: Goals List Update (Week 1)

Well, the first week of August is almost over, and I thought I'd round it off with an update on how I'm doing with my Operation August goals so far. To be honest, I haven't made as much progress as I'd have liked, but as the saying goes, "Every journey begins with a small step"... and hopefully I'll be making a few more next week. But enough beating around the bush...here's what I've achieved so far:

Senses
  • Well I haven't bought any new DVDs this month (well except for "Shutter Island", which was part of my friend's birthday present), but I haven't made any progress in getting through my collection either. Hopefully, I'll watch more next week!!
  • There's been no real progress towards my other goals in this category...a few half hearted efforts perhaps, but that's about as far as it's gone!

Social

  • As I blogged about on Friday, I got to see Blues Brothers at Spinningfields on Thursday night, which means I'm half way towards my goal to watching two films there. Yay!!
  • I met up with a good few friends last night for one of their birthdays. It was good to catch up with people I hadn't seen for at least a couple of weeks, but I still feel like I should be making more of an active effort to stay in touch with my friends, rather than waiting for events to take place.

Mind and Body

  • I think I've managed to get in my required exercise this week, even though I haven't been overly active. I've taken a walk most afternoons or evenings...it's one of my favourite forms of exercise as I love the fact that I'm out in the open air.
  • I sorted out one of my wardrobes on Monday in preparation for Tuesday's shopping trip, and managed to clear out quite a few things to go to charity (either to clothing collections or to a local charity shop). However, that's only the beginning of my task...I've got another cupboard and some drawers to go yet!!
  • I have managed to blog everyday this week...if only just!! My aim for next week is make more time for it so that half my posts aren't just 5 minute rush jobs when I'm panicking!!

And that's pretty much it...I haven't bothered to blog about the goals in the "professional" category because I haven't made any progress towards them...fingers crossed I'll have more to report next week!! And now, all that's left for me to say is hope that you've had a good week and relaxing weekend. whatever you've been doing!! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment