Wednesday 17 March 2010

What's-in-my-Wardrobe Wednesday: Another Primark trip!

Now this is a post that I've been meaning to write for ages, but never really got round to. During my half term break which was about a month ago now, my mum, sisters and I took a trip to Primark, and here are some pretty pictures of what I picked up:

Charcoal/grey burnout floral tunic

I think this top is gorgeous and a great way to introduce florals into my winter wardrobe, although I got a bit of a shock when I tried it on at home because it's absolutely massive! As it's so big, I wear it cinched in with a thick black patent waist belt to give me a little bit more shape!
Whilst the weather's been cold, I've been layering it with a black long sleeved top underneath, but am hoping that I'll also be able to wear it without when it warms up a little!

Black ankle length leggings/Blue denim effect leggings
Just a couple of pairs of leggings for wearing under my longer length tops. I'd been looking for a full length black pair so the black ones were ideal. I wasn't so sure about buying the denim leggings (I can't bring myself to say the word "jeggings"!), as I couldn't decide if I liked the trend or not but I'm SO glad I took the plunge! They're really comfy and easy to wear and, unlike my other leggings, they don't fall down!


Multicolour floral print button front dress
This was another piece that I was immediately taken by, and I was even more attracted when I saw the price. This little number was only £7.50, and, best of all, it looks much more expensive on! I haven't worn it yet as I'm waiting for the weather to warm up, but will probably team it with either cropped leggings and pumps in the day or black opaques and heels for night. I already have a dress that's quite similar, and am hoping that this dress will be as versatile as that one.


Indigo skinny jeans
Another basic buy. I already have a pair of skinny jeans from Primark, and I like them so much that I've been wearing them to death over the last year or so. So I thought it was high time for another lol!


Pale blue/white longline striped shirt with pintuck detail
This is possibly my favourite item of clothing from this shopping trip. It's really comfy and easy to wear...it almost feels like wearing a man's shirt because it's a bit oversized, and it reminds me of the times I used to borrow a boyfriend's shirts to sleep in! I nornally team this with either my skinny jeans or denim leggings and my tan studded ankle boots.

Here's a close up of the pintuck detail:


Longline sleeveless striped T
Apologies for the crappy picture quality...the stripes on the main body of the top are red, and those round the neck are blue on one side and black on the other. This is another top that's a bit on the generous side, so I''ll be belting it with my skinny cream belt (pics to come later) and wearing it with skinny jeans or leggings. I wore it for the first time on Saturday night for a friend's birthday, and got some really great compliments so I reckon it's definitely a keeper!

Black chenille scarf/gloves set

I bought this as I needed a new pair of black gloves. I already have tons of scarves but as the set was in the sale, I thought I might as well get two things for the price of one!


Skinny tan leather belt/Skinny cream plaited waist belt

I'm really glad I bought these as lots of the tops I've bought recently are a bit on the generous side, and they look a lot better when they're cinched in. My personal fashion concept at the mo is all about my waist!

Blue/gold scalloped edge bag
I have my mum to thank for this one, as she noticed it before I did! I absolutely adore the vintage look it has and I think it adds a really different edge to an outfit.

Silver filigree butterfly necklace

There's not really much to say about this other than I really like it! Here's a close up of the butterfly:

7 comments:

  1. Lovely things! Btw I gave you an award a few posts back (not the most recent), should have given you a heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsty: It looks like double thanks are in order then!! Will be blogging about my award very soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pintuck top...I would have snatched that up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what gorgeous pieces! You scored BIG time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi jules!! i like the floral dress. that was cute! and the butterfly necklace is a find! i haven't been shopping in a while for clothes and this post makes me want to go try my luck at the mall. have a great weekend! and thanks for following my other [book] blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth: Glad you like it!! :-)

    Corrine: Thank you!!

    Michelle: It's really cute, just a pain it's too cold to wear it yet! I totally agree, looking at other people's buys always makes me want to go shopping too...not that I need an excuse! Thank you, hope you have a great weekend too! And it's a pleasure, I look forward to reading it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I'm in love with leggings. I don't want winter to leave so I can keep wearing them.

    ReplyDelete