Tuesday 2 March 2010

Things I'm loving today...

Well, I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself today, so because I know it's not healthy to wallow in self pity for too long (believe me, I've tried), I've decided to give myself a kick up the backside by making a list of the things I'm loving today. So, drumroll please because, in no particular order, we have:
  • The beautiful weather...it's a lovely sunny day today and apparently it even feels quite mild outside! Maybe my prayers from Sunday have been answered!

  • The fact I don't start work until 2 pm today and will be done by 6...I know it means that I won't get paid as much, but there is just something so decadent about swanning into work after lunch and and working less than half a day!

  • This song:
    I went to the first rehearsal for my drama group's new show last night and we started going through a few of the songs. Moon River was one of them. Whilst I've been aware of the song before now, I never realised how beautiful it was until last night. Now I absolutely love it...I've been singing it all day and I get a feeling that my family might be sick of hearing it long before the show kicks off in July!
      • The fact that it's been really easy to meet one of my goals:
      • In Sunday's post, I was bemoaning the fact that most of my goals weren't really happening for me, including the one to put some money in my ISA each month. But today, I took my own advice and set up a standing order which will transfer some money from my current account every month. It was really quick and easy to set up, and is also a perfect solution for me, as now I don't have to physically get to my bank to pay money in! RESULT!
        And whadd'ya know? I'm actually feeling a little cheerier already! Maybe I should get back to doing these lists more often...!

      2 comments:

      1. yay! I'm a massive fan of sitting down and smelling those roses. Glad you're feeling cheerier. The weather here is lovely too!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Kirsty...It's amazing how much of a difference it actually made, definitely something I should make a habit of! The weather has been lovely the past few days here, hope it's stayed good for you!

        ReplyDelete