Wednesday 20 January 2010

Birthday Madness!!

For me, January means one thing...birthdays! Between 15th and 22nd January, there are 4 birthdays in my immediate family and a friend's too...5 birthdays in a week lol! Celebrating them can be a tad expensive, but I love having so many things to celebrate...it makes an otherwise gloomy month so much nicer!! :-)

Last Friday (15th Jan), it was my Dad's birthday. I didn't get to see him until the evening, as I'd left for work before he got up, but when I got home, we had a special birthday dinner with some of his favourite foods (prawn cocktail to start, then cheese and onion quiche...yummy!!) :-) Dad is one of the most knowledgeable people I know...especially when it comes to history and he'd be one of my first choices for a "phone a friend" or a quiz mate. I like to think I get some of my brains from him :-) One thing I definitely have inherited is the football team we both support...Man City all the way! He's an old school guy in lots of ways...I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen him cry, but if ever I have, it's practically broken my heart. He's more than capable of looking after himself, and is fiercely protective of us all...I'd hate to think what he'd do to anyone who hurt us, but deep down he's got a soft centre, and with his family, he's really just a big softie! :-) So happy belated birthday Dad...you do more for me than I give you credit for, and I love you with all my heart :-)

On Saturday (16th Jan), as well as heading to my Grandad's to celebrate my Dad's birthday a bit more, I also shared in the celebrations for my friends' N and M's baby boy H's 1st birthday!! As I've mentioned before, H is absolutely adorable and he's become a really big part of all my friends' lives over the past year...I honestly can't imagine life without him now! So to celebrate his birthday, N and M held a tea party for us all which H loved, and where he got thoroughly spoiled! :-) One of my favourite parts of the evening was writing in his "Birthday Memory Book"...basically his mummy and daddy had decided that everyone should write a message for his birthday and they'd save the book until his 18th, when he could read all the messages and memories. So in 17 years, he'll probably read mine and wonder why I was being quite so soppy, but I honestly couldn't help it...I love the little dude so much!

Then a break for 3 days, but come today the birthdays were back in full swing with my "littlest" sister K's 15th (again I'm feeling really old!)! K is basically the girl I wanted to be in high school...pretty, slim, popular, intelligent, sporty... but I try and keep my jealousy in check lol! Seriously though, K's a great girl. She's loyal and protective of her friends, but is never afraid to stand up for what's right...if she thinks someone's out of line, she'll tell them! She has a caring streak a mile wide and is especially good with children and animals. She's a fighter, even if she doesn't need to be and her fighting spirit has served her well. She was born 8 weeks early, weighing just over 4lbs-well but tiny. My mum and dad were told that she would probably have to stay in hospital until around her due date, but she amazed everyone by being able to be discharged after only 19 days! And from then on she went from strength to strength...you would never know she'd been premature, especially as she's practically as tall as me and still growing at a rate of knots! Now she's older, she's developed a love for fashion and it's hard to tell which of us is the bigger shopaholic! So Happy Birthday K...love you lots, but just one request...stop growing!

Stay tuned tomorrow, when I'll be able to post on my brother P's birthday and then on Friday, it's the turn of possibly the best birthday of all...mine!! Despite the fact I'm starting to get depressed about my age, I still can't wait to have my special day and be able to share it with all my family and friends! I have plans for a quietish night in the pub on Friday and then a big night out in town on Saturday and am really looking forward to both!! :-)

PS: Sorry about being so bad at replying to comments lately...I do read and value every one, and am going to reply to them all very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment